Monday 29 December 2014

My 2014 faves...- Neil

It's been a busy first year of self-employment as a bona fide artist working from my home studio, complete with life's normal ups and downs. One constant has been crafting and sharing my enjoyment of all the different techniques and media with others - a great diversion and a true therapy!

Here are my favourite makes of 2014:

White on white is a classic - and this layered decoupage adapted from
a sponsor digistamp was one of the first uses of my new Silhouette Cameo.
The project still has pride of place on the hall chimney breast!


I thought this digistamp image was just so beautiful - I wanted to colour it sensitively and delicately, and thought the AquaMarkers helped me achieve that wonderfully.

And my final favourite is really the technique that ruled the ether during the year - tarmacing.
Who'd have thought a bit of bitumen could be so versatile for ageing acrylic paintings.


I've also immensely enjoyed working on the Design Team for Craftwork Cards - if you've not had chance to see some of my makes for their TV shows on Create & Craft, be sure to go over to their blog for some serious browsing!

As for 2015 - it promises to be just as busy, with demonstrations already in the diary, workshops planned in the studio and a whole set of online classes to plan, film and broadcast. Oh, and a monthly post for The Crafting Cafe - can't forget that!

I hope you've had a great Christmas, and wish you a crafty and successful New Year.

Neil



1 comment: