Monday 28 April 2014

Seeing Double...

This month we have two sponsors... and us lucky DT peeps have had the chance to use an image from both for our inspiration projects...

First up, I've used Stargazer from Delicious Doodles. I imported the image into Silhouette Studio, used the trace and resize functions to create a cut file to fit a square 10x10cm and cut from black cards. For the backgrounds, I've used two techniques, masking the moon circle first: the first was a PanPastel gradient, spraying with fixative, splattering with white acrylic from a toothbrush and then stamping Stampscape images over the top with Jet Black Archival Ink. The second was an old Royal Blue Dylusions Ink Spray, edged at the top with Black Soot Distress Ink once dry before splattering and stamping as before. I matted onto white, then sparkly deep blue card before sticking the silhouette over on foam pads:


The acrylic paint takes up the dye from the ink spray and discolours, but I think I prefer the watermark effect the spray gives over the PanPastel. Either way, they are a perfect background for the stunning Stargazer silhouette.

And my second card features Dirt Bike Mike from our other sponsor, Kenny K. Again, I imported the image into Silhouette Studio, traced the outline, then set an offset to cut away from the lines and welded it to a rectangle 13cm x 26cm so that it would fold to make a 13cm square card. A bit of slope making using the edit points function allowed me to have Mike and his dirt bike run down a cut away. Add the text, and cut out from your favourite ProMarker card. I also a cut a second (without the text) from a background colour card and embellished that with several layers of Picket Fence Distress Stain to make dust clouds on the back of the inside.


ProMarkers used:
Ground/Mud: Tan / Cinnamon / Burnt Sienna
Tyres/Metal: Ice Grey 2-5
Blues: Pastel Blue / Cornflower / China Blue
Flames: Sunflower / Crimson


1 comment: